Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Honestly President Bush is an amazing actor & Karl Rove is a brilliant fuck face

but that shouldn't matter.
Lately, I've been having this fantasy about having a debate with President Bush where he'll keep saying absurd things & I'll keep answering with things like,
"Do ya'll think the American people are dumb? Do ya'll think we're going to believe this rich fake? I'm 'Merican not some idiot!"
& applause will sound as across America people in front of television sets put down their Cokes & Buds and lean forward in their lazyboys.
Lately, my fantasies of change are growing too large to ignore.
& yet if New York City has taught me anything, it's that it doesn't matter how much you believe or how hard you work, or even whether you have talent & brains, it's who you know & where you live that determines your destiny & the rest is bull-shit. If you weren't in the right pre-school it's a lost cause. I mean fuck, we can't even fight back against this administration because even to do that you need some money.
I'm so sick of capitalism.
& I'm so exhausted by pseudo-anti-this&thats who are really just somewhat privileged kids who think there's something sexy about the whole revolution idea & wear Che shirts & sure maybe they care a little bit, but in the end they just want a family & vacations in exotic places & fame (but to be fair, fame for something sort of worthwhile). & to be honest, maybe if it were possible for me to get those things, maybe I'd want them too, who knows? But reality is that I can't get those things & I also can't fightthepower, so I'll take whatever shit job I can find that pays me enough to pay my bills & that's that. That's America.
I felt the need to rant.
Something about the speech last night & how the administration is saying the people of Iraq are the same as the people who bombed the World Trade Center. It's so 1984. This is what everyone will believe. This is the truth because this is what's being said. It doesn't matter what was said 2 years ago, or what will be said in the future, all that matters is right now & the fucking idiots believe this shit.
I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home